WISIONS of Sustainability
The main objective of WISIONS is to make clean energy a default solution for basic energy needs in developing regions, by helping local partners to identify successes and bring them to scale through regional networks, marketing and demonstration. Read more about WISIONS activities, goals and background.
Third Annual Gathering of the Hydro Empowerment Network in Nepal
News from WISIONS posted on November 21st, 2016
This year’s event will take place at the Nepal Micro Hydropower Development Association (NMHDA) in Kathmandu, Nepal. This is a region long advanced in micro hydro but recently devastated by natural and political calamity. In addition to learning from Nepal's micro hydro advances, members have chosen Nepal for the next gathering as a show of solidarity and support for Nepal's rehabilitation.
The objectives of the network meeting are the following:
- Develop productive relationships and strategy-building among HPNET members, toward country-specific objectives for 2017
- Provide in-person working time for HPNET's Working Groups (on priorities for technology, policy, and socio-environment development)
- Identify limitations and solutions for improved operations and sustainability of HPNET for the next 3 – 5 years
- Provide an opportunity for HPNET members to better understand the sector in Nepal, including field visits and meeting fabricators and experts
- Provide an opportunity for HPNET members to exchange with international development agencies and alliances
Wind Empowerment’s Third Annual Conference in Argentina
News from WISIONS posted on November 10th, 2016
This conference aims to stimulate international exchange between actors working in the field of small wind for rural development by:
- Facilitating the sharing of specific skills and know-how between participants
- Determining how the collaborative experience of Wind Empowerment could be harnessed to promote small wind in Argentina
- Reviewing the progress of existing collaborative projects and encouraging broader involvement of the association’s membership
- Setting objectives for each working group for the next two-year period by defining new projects and participants
- Electing a new executive board and defining the network’s priorities for the next two years
- Monday (14) to Wednesday (16): Cutral-Co, Neuquén province, at the Instituto Nacional de Tecnología Industrial’s (INTI, National Industrial Technology Institute) laboratory for small wind turbine testing
- Thursday (17) to Saturday (19): Bariloche, Rio Negro province, where the Administración de Parques Nacionales’ (APN, National Parks Administration) renewable energy team is based
New WISIONS Brochure – Spanish Version
News from WISIONS posted on November 3rd, 2016
WISIONS fomenta asociaciones regionales y redes de practitioners para facilitar el desarrollo y la compartición de conocimiento e inducir una diseminación más amplia de soluciones de energías renovables descentralizadas. Se han consolidado cuatro redes internacionales y cada una de ellas se centra en una solución técnica específica para una región.
Estas redes involucran activamente a más de 120 organizaciones y personas que llevan mucho tiempo comprometidas con soluciones de energía renovables centradas en la gente. En esta publicación se describen sus elementos, objetivos y actividades clave.
El cuadernillo se encuentra disponible en linea: Networks WISIONS 2016 Spanish.
English version: Networks WISIONS 2016.