WISIONS of Sustainability
The main objective of WISIONS is to make clean energy a default solution for basic energy needs in developing regions, by helping local partners to identify successes and bring them to scale through regional networks, marketing and demonstration. Read more about WISIONS activities, goals and background.
Join The Hydro Empowerment Network's Side Event At IOREC 2018 In Singapore
News from WISIONS posted on October 25th, 2018
The event is entitled Accelerating Financially Viable Hydro Mini-Grids: A Closer Look at Small-Scale Hydropower in S/SE Asia and will take place on 1st November from 12:45 until 14:00 at Level 4 of the Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Singapore.
Panelists at this event will be:
- Dr. Binu Parthan – principal at Sustainable Energy Associates (SEA), a global consulting and advisory company, with over 20 years of professional experience in financing, policy and technology aspects of clean energy and climate change
- Bir Bahadur Ghale – founder of Hydro Energy Concern Pvt. Ltd., with more than 25 years of experience in the micro/mini hydropower sector
- Dipti Vaghela – Network Facilitator and Manager of the Hydro Empowerment Network
- Bikash Pandey – Director of Clean Energy at Winrock International
- Kapila Subasinghe – Vice President of Specialized Project Lending and the Head of Consulting at DFCC Bank, Sri Lanka
- Adrian Banie Lasimbang – senator for the national government of Malaysia, representing the state of Sabah
- Tri Mumpuni – Executive director of the People Centered Business and Economic Institute (IBEKA)
- Rana Ghoneim – Chief of the Energy Systems and Infrastructure Division at the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- Gerhard Fischer, who has over 35 years of professional experience in the development of hydropower
Second Edition Of RedBioLAC Magazine Now Available
News from WISIONS posted on September 28th, 2018
The magazine provides a broad picture of the most recent developments in biodigestion in Latin America and the Caribbean. It presents reports on applied research, case studies and practical information and was officially launched at the 10th RedBioLAC annual conference, which took place last week in Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil.
Download the magazine here (pdf, Spanish only): Revista Redbiolac 2018
10th RedBioLAC Annual Conference 2018
News from WISIONS posted on August 6th, 2018
Biodigesters are a promising alternative for the treatment of the residues of human activity in urban and rural spaces. Biodigestion is directly related to the fight against climate change – it mitigates greenhouse gases and reduces the use of synthetic fertilisers while providing energy and natural fertiliser.
Since 2009, RedBioLAC – The Network of Biodigesters for Latin America and the Caribbean – has been connecting initiatives, projects, people and organisations dedicated to biodigestion in the region through its annual conference. The conference has previously taken place in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Chile, Argentina, Peru, Mexico, Honduras and Colombia.
In 2018, this annual network conference will be held in Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, to celebrate 10 years of continuous work and the resulting positive impacts on the sustainable development of the continent.
The conference will take place from September 17th – 21st September 2018 and will include small and large-scale introductory courses to biodigestion technology, site visits and an international congress.