Association for the development of locally-built small wind turbines for sustainable rural electrification
Wind Empowerment is a global association for the development of locally-manufactured small wind turbines (SWTs) for sustainable rural electrification. It aims to strengthen the capacity of its members through collaboration and knowledge exchange to promote and support small wind technology as a viable solution for rural electrification.
Wind Empowerment 2018 International Conference: WEIndia2018
News from WISIONS posted on June 13th, 2018
The deadline for applications is 30 June (if you are applying for a travel scholarship) or 31 August (if you do not require a travel scholarship).
This year’s conference is jointly organised by Wind Empowerment and the National Institute for Wind Energy (NIWE), India. It will be longer than previous conferences, spanning approximately two weeks: one week of training sessions and one week for the conference programme.
NIWE is offering full travel and conference scholarships to a limited number of international applicants who wish to participate in a one-month long course related to small wind rural electrification, which will include attendance at the WEIndia2018 conference.
The eligibility criteria for applying to NIWE’s scholarship are the following:
- Applicants must be available to join the two-week pre-conference workshop events, as well as the two-week conference. This means being in India for one month, from 15 November - 15 December 2018
- Applicants must have nationality from one of the eligible countries
- Applicants must have a working knowledge of English sufficient to follow the course
Wind Empowerment will try to provide scholarships (at least partial) to participants who do not fulfill the prerequisites above. However, if you are eligible and able to join the one-month course and conference events, do not miss this chance to apply. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Building and sharing financial and human resource connections
- Performing joint technical research, sharing technical information and collaborating on key vendor relationships
- Strengthening understanding of business and social models for the effective implementation of small wind technology
- Managing projects, offering consultancy services and developing/distributing products in line with the association’s guiding principles