WISIONS of Sustainability
Our mission is to empower individuals and communities to transform the production and use of energy so that it effectively enables sustainable development. Read more about WISIONS activities, goals and background.
Impressions from the 11th Annual RedBioLAC Conference
News from WISIONS posted on October 24th, 2019
RedBioLAC (short for Red de Biodigestores para Latino América y el Caribe) took place from 14 to 18 October 2019 and included various technical trainings, implementation of small and large scale biodigester facilities, exchanging knowledge about the technology, connection and networking of the participants and showcasing the own work at place. As the conference gathered more than 120 experts in biodigestion technology from 15 different countries, it attracted the interest of local media. See the RedBioLACs coordinator Mariela Pino, WISIONS project collaborator Dr. Willington Ortiz and Prof. Yuvan Contino explaining the significance of RedBioLAC and of the conference for the the Cuban local television broadcast service.Furthermore, the cuban news platform "Prensa Latina" covered the reporting from the conference with direction to an international and in particular Latin-American audience. The news article can be accessed by following the URL link (in spanish): Curso sobre biodigestores abre en Cuba XI Encuentro de la RedBioLAC.
The reporting coverage also included information dissemination through social media networks. In the following you can find several reports and pictures from the conference, technical tours and biodigester technology in general.
The latest Newsletter of Hydro Empowerment Network
News from WISIONS posted on October 11th, 2019
- Cameroon: A HPNET Member shares his views on small-scale hydro and energy access in Cameroon.
- Indonesia/Ethiopia: Three knowledge transfer and activities for Ethiopian practitioners.
- Malaysia: Reports and introduction of the Commission of a new micro hydro system in Malaysiaby TONIBUNG
- Inclusion in social enterprise-based mini hydropower in Pakistan
Solar Powered Cold Storage Systems: Keeping Vegetables fresh for sale in Nepal
News from WISIONS posted on October 9th, 2019
- Reduction of Food Waste more than 50%
- Employment opportunities for maintenance of the system
- Creation of business models for the farmers