WISIONS of Sustainability
Our mission is to empower individuals and communities to transform the production and use of energy so that it effectively enables sustainable development. Read more about WISIONS activities, goals and background.
Check out “The Flow” - latest newsletter of the WISIONS partner HPNET is out!
News from WISIONS posted on April 8th, 2019
The highlights in this issue among others:
- HPNET held a side event at the 4th International Off-grid Renewable Energy Conference and Exhibition (IOREC) in Singapore 2018 - this year's topic: 'Accelerating Financially Viable Hydro Mini-Grids.' Follow case presentations and a multi-stakeholder panel discussion in the video's.
- Interesting Video Tours available from three micro hydro training centers in Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines.
- Read more about HPNET's conducted Board Meeting and roundtable in the context of 'Hydropower for Community Empowerment in Myanmar'.
- Find out more about Sustainable and Inclusive Energy Pathways for Sarawak and Malaysia, the topic of the Clean Energy Collaboration Conference in March 2019.
- HPNET took part in three webinars with interesting topics in the context of Micro Hydro Power.
Our partner the Colombian Biomass Network (RedBioCol) published its first Newsletter.
News from WISIONS posted on April 2nd, 2019
The RedBioCol provides a platform for the interaction of individuals and organizations aiming at developing adapted technologies that contribute to the sustainability of farming families.
The newsletter is available in Spanish only and can be accessed here: RedBioCol Newsletter
More informations about RedBioCol projects here:RedBioCOL
WISIONS at the 5th Energy Access Investment Forum in Abidjan
News from WISIONS posted on March 26th, 2019
WISIONS was at the 5th ARE EAIF. Hosted by the Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE), in partnership with the African Development Bank and GET.invest (formerly RECP), this was the first time the forum took place in Sub-Saharan Africa, where 588 million people still lack electricity.
The Forum convened over 260 participants from 48 countries with the goal to boost sustainable energy access globally and in particular in Africa. It showcased the latest off-grid political and funding initiatives and was an opportunity to discuss trends and innovations and build partnerships.
WISIONS had first-hand insights into the role that practitioners in West Africa are playing in accelerating the achievement of sustainable energy access goals. We also exchanged our experiences on partnering with local energy practitioners via practitioner networks.
The Forum also featured the ARE Awards 2019, showcasing companies and organisations which have made special contributions to advance rural electrification.
For more info see ARE’s press release.
(Foto: ARE; All rights reserved)