WISIONS of Sustainability
Our mission is to empower individuals and communities to transform the production and use of energy so that it effectively enables sustainable development. Read more about WISIONS activities, goals and background.
Register now for the third RedBioLAC Webinar on 12th June 2019
News from WISIONS posted on June 3rd, 2019
The ABC Plan is an integral part of Brazil's nationally determined contribution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 37% by 2025 and 43% by 2030.
Through the Plan, the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply (MAPA) promotes the adoption of emission mitigating technologies, such as the treatment of animal waste.
In this webinar it will be possible to contextualize the ABC Plan and detail the Brazilian strategy to expand the treatment of animal waste through biodigestion.
Register here for the webinar: Register now! (The Webinar will be in Spanish only!)
More informations: RedBioLAC
Original in Spanish:
Los biodigestores en el Plano de Agricultura de Bajo Carbono de Brasil
Contribución del biogás para la consolidación de las metas de disminuir la emisión de carbono por medio del Plan ABC de Brasil
Ciclo de foros virtuales: Gestión sustentable de residuos orgánicos agrícolas y urbanos mediante la innovación tecnológica del biodigestor
El Plan ABC es parte integrante de la contribución nacionalmente determinada brasileña de reducción de la emisión del 37% de los gases de efecto invernadero hasta 2025 y 43% para 2030.
A través del Plan, el Ministerio de Agricultura, Ganadería y Abastecimiento (MAPA) fomenta la adopción de tecnologías mitigadoras de emisiones, a ejemplo del tratamiento de desechos animales.
En ese webinar será posible contextualizar el Plan ABC y detallar la estrategia brasileña para ampliar el tratamiento de desechos animales a través de la biodigestión.
April and May Activities of Fundacion EcoAndina
News from WISIONS posted on June 1st, 2019
(1) Pitch of their offgrid EcoSolar House to 250 interested people at the “Encuentros Proyectuales en el Territorio”conference organised by Colegio de Arquitectos de Jujuy on SolarEnergy. Link to original post: Facebook
(2) Participating at Instituto Inclusivo de Negocios MINKA in the course “Emprendimento global en Mercados emergentes”, aiming to boost the triple impact of entrepreneurs and organizations: environmental, social and economical. Link to original post: Facebook
(3) Development of internship opportunities for students in cooperation with the Economics Department of National University of Jujuy, which started this May with three interns who will connect their knowledge with SustainableEnergySolutions and expertise from EcoAndina Foundation.
More information about our partner: Fundacion EcoAndina
Find out more about the project: Exchange: Jujuy On The Path To Green Energy (SEPS16)
GERES Final Capitalization Conference on Biomass for the Cambodian Garment Sector
News from WISIONS posted on May 31st, 2019
At the conference GERES, together with national and international experts presented results of preceding studies that identified successful technologies and best practices to rice millers, investors, factory owners, biomass suppliers, international brands and public authorities.
The Capitalization Conference was a clear success and met the expectations of both the participants and the organizers. There was the opportunity for the 94 participants to learn about the findings and experiences from prior activities of GERES, gaining insights into solutions for sustainable thermal energy generation through round tables as well as discussions with professionals and experts. GERES was able to gather 14 invited experts from seven different South East Asian countries for the round table discussions. Eventually there was the possibility of networking for the stakeholders to meet and engage with each other. Two objectives were set and met:
(1) Knowledge dissemination and awareness rising through sharing GERES’ findings and distribution of created information materials.
(2) Networking opportunities created business contacts between rice millers and garment factory representatives.
More information on this SEPS project: Exchange: Supporting the Energy Switch of the Garment Industry in Cambodia through Increased South-South Knowledge Exchange among the Value Chain Stakeholders (SEPS16)
GERES is an international NGO specialised in the implementation of locally- adopted energy-efficient solutions. Find more here: GERES
Find more information about the Cambodia Climate Action Alliance (CCCA) here: CCCA