WISIONS of Sustainability
Our mission is to empower individuals and communities to transform the production and use of energy so that it effectively enables sustainable development. Read more about WISIONS activities, goals and background.
Top Ten Publications of the Wuppertal Institute 2019
News from WISIONS posted on February 20th, 2020
This compilation of the most important peer-reviewed scientific publications of the Wuppertal Institute in 2019 covers a broad variety of topics, addressing current issues and developments as well as taking deeper looks into the future. However, the transdisciplinary and international approach of the Wuppertal Institute reflects itself in this complilations, as it covers also different perspectives and also differing scientific approaches of research. But to make it clearer, we would like to outline a little teaser about the content:
- Analysis of current trends, different thematic fields and emerging communities in sustainable energy research by conducting text mining of 2500 abstracts.
- Social impacts of large-scale infrastructure on local communities by the example of a Solar Power Plant in Marocco.
- Environmental potentials of laser beam melting processes for additive manufacturing of mettalic components.
- Future scenarios of greenhouse gas emissions in the electricity sector in Morocco, Tunisia and Jordan.
- Influence of international politics and the Paris Agreement on the governance of socio-technical systems towards decarbonisation.
- Assessment of Indias Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs)
- Digitalisation of the German Energy Sector by the scientific director of the Wuppertal Institute Prof. Dr. Manfred Fischedick
HPNETs Review of 2019 and outlook for 2020!
News from WISIONS posted on January 27th, 2020
In this edition HPNET reviews stories and activities from 2019, covering a broad variety of events, exchanges and stories. Here is a short overview about all the activities:
- Regional Exchanges with Green Empowerment, gathering with practitioners and Deep Dive Workshop with WISIONS at ACEF in Manila.
- Bilateral Exchanges between different micro hydro practitioners all over Southeast Asia - from Malaysia to the Philipines, Indonesia and even further- to create partnerships and knowledge exchanges!
- In-country exchages in several countries in Asia to advocate and promote micro hydro technology within the countries!
- 2019 Mini-Grid Webinar Series, hosted by WISIONS and Energypedia, focusing on thematic solutions for advancing micro-hydro power. All Webinars can also be accessed here: HPNET Webinar Series
- the Hidden-No-More story series about female change makers engaging in hydropower! Stories about couragoues women with ambitions to overcome gender barriers!
- Micro Hydro Toolkit: A set of technical knowledge exchange tools for hydropower practitioners supported by WISIONS!
Our first newsletter for 2020 is out now!
News from WISIONS posted on January 20th, 2020
highlights in this edition
- WISIONS New Year Greetings and review of our work and the progress made in 2019 in terms of supporting the successful consodilation and development of the Partnerships and Networks and continuing to pursue the global energy transformation agenda!
- A concludding summary and recording of the WISIONS Webinar Series 2019 last edition on the topic "Developments of Biodigester Technology in Latin America and the Carribean" with insightful inputs from RedBioLAC and Green Empowerment.
- New Release of a Biodigester Manual Handbook by the international biodigester expert Jaime Martí with attached download.
- Assessment of wind power opportunities in Nepal, final report of Biogas workshops in Costa Rica and research by one of our research fellows on "Rural electrification with household wind systems in remote high wind regions".