WISIONS of Sustainability
Our mission is to empower individuals and communities to transform the production and use of energy so that it effectively enables sustainable development. Read more about WISIONS activities, goals and background.
April and May Activities of Fundacion EcoAndina
News from WISIONS posted on June 1st, 2019
(1) Pitch of their offgrid EcoSolar House to 250 interested people at the “Encuentros Proyectuales en el Territorio”conference organised by Colegio de Arquitectos de Jujuy on SolarEnergy. Link to original post: Facebook
(2) Participating at Instituto Inclusivo de Negocios MINKA in the course “Emprendimento global en Mercados emergentes”, aiming to boost the triple impact of entrepreneurs and organizations: environmental, social and economical. Link to original post: Facebook
(3) Development of internship opportunities for students in cooperation with the Economics Department of National University of Jujuy, which started this May with three interns who will connect their knowledge with SustainableEnergySolutions and expertise from EcoAndina Foundation.
More information about our partner: Fundacion EcoAndina
Find out more about the project: Exchange: Jujuy On The Path To Green Energy (SEPS16)
GERES Final Capitalization Conference on Biomass for the Cambodian Garment Sector
News from WISIONS posted on May 31st, 2019
At the conference GERES, together with national and international experts presented results of preceding studies that identified successful technologies and best practices to rice millers, investors, factory owners, biomass suppliers, international brands and public authorities.
The Capitalization Conference was a clear success and met the expectations of both the participants and the organizers. There was the opportunity for the 94 participants to learn about the findings and experiences from prior activities of GERES, gaining insights into solutions for sustainable thermal energy generation through round tables as well as discussions with professionals and experts. GERES was able to gather 14 invited experts from seven different South East Asian countries for the round table discussions. Eventually there was the possibility of networking for the stakeholders to meet and engage with each other. Two objectives were set and met:
(1) Knowledge dissemination and awareness rising through sharing GERES’ findings and distribution of created information materials.
(2) Networking opportunities created business contacts between rice millers and garment factory representatives.
More information on this SEPS project: Exchange: Supporting the Energy Switch of the Garment Industry in Cambodia through Increased South-South Knowledge Exchange among the Value Chain Stakeholders (SEPS16)
GERES is an international NGO specialised in the implementation of locally- adopted energy-efficient solutions. Find more here: GERES
Find more information about the Cambodia Climate Action Alliance (CCCA) here: CCCA
Access Coalition Webinar Series 2019
News from WISIONS posted on May 24th, 2019
During the webinar the WISIONS team presented its research on productive use of energy, which is based on the evaluation of 30 small-scale energy projects in the global south supported by WISIONS. The webinar furthermore included a presentation from ACCESS Coalition about its strategy for 2019-2021 and two case studies, which highlighted experiences from Kenya: Practical Action focused on milling and ice-making for making a mini-grid viable and the Rainforest Alliance presented their experiences of promoting local briquettes manufacturing in tea industries.
This webinar was the first in a series of webinars that targets knowledge sharing from Civil Society Organizations operating in energy access for other CSOs and beyond.
Watch the webinar here: ACCESS Coalition Webinar Series 2019
Download the slides here: Webinar Slides
For more information: Additional resources